Sunday, March 8, 2015

Daylight Savings

Automatically generated codes for today have ended up having their times shifted by an hour. This was caused because an hour is "lost" in the jump forward, however when counting hours from midnight an hour wasn't "lost" from the total being counted, while one was lost due to daylight savings. I've switched from counting up from midnight to just subtracting the current time then counting up from there, which solves this problem though I don't think it's a foolproof solution for all time zone shifts (if Clan Tools ever goes beyond the NA server).

Additionally, I'm aware that yesterday the codes weren't automatically generated; I believe this is caused by a lack of resources at times which causes the scheduler to fail. I'm currently testing some methods to reduce memory usage on the server, but in the mean time I'll be checking that the codes are being automatically generated and manually triggering them to do so if they aren't.


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. To reduce memory usage you need to optimize every file, try gzip compression like use seo sites

    1. Thank you for your reply.

      Forgive my ignorance, but to the best of my knowledge Clan Tools is serving all files with gzip compression (that, to my understanding, should be compressed so HTML, CSS, JS, & JSON) as it is returning Content-Encoding:gzip when a file is requested with an acceptable Accept-Encoding header and all but one online gzip test I tried reported the site was using gzip.